January 2, 2013

A Place To Lay My Anchor Down

 For I will restore you to health, and I will heal you of your wounds declares the Lord, because they have called you an outcast saying, "It is Zion: no one cares for her." Jeremiah 30:17


God tell us to wrap His words around our wrist, etch them on our heart, to speak them when we rise, go to sleep, on our way and to teach them to our children. Shouldn't we know enough of them to appear to have verbomania? No matter,  I took Him seriously.  The funny thing is that after so many years of doing this, I now hear them when I rise.  Actually they wake me up or either I am just aware they are running when I wake up. Most of the time I will either write them down quickly or grab a bible to see what the actual verse is.  As I research them, the words begin to come together; their meaning and understanding piece together as if pixelating like a beautiful portrait, which then becomes a dance of interchange between the past, present and future.

After reading Jeremiah 29 and 30 this morning, where God was speaking of rebuilding his people right where they were, I realized this is exactly what He has done with me.  You see, I am the same person I have always been, and yet...I am nothing like that person except for the memories, my form and the relationships which exist of the person.  Pretty much everything else about me has been rebuilt, upon the same ground.

So what has changed? I'm very glad you asked!  I am more kind, patient: more sensitive to others;  I am interested in so many things which stimulate me to be a better person toward others; I desire God's wisdom, to see How I can leave this world in His order; I desire to see what He thinks and if my thoughts are as His.  These are now my worries ~ not the worries of this world. 

Anna Nalick has a song "Satellite" one of the verses were playing in the background of my other thoughts as I was groggily stirring this morning: And so I send my feeble flair, through the silent arctic air, heading anywhere until at last I finally found, a place to lay my anchor down....
 
The thoughts running over that verse were this:  When you get to the point that it is more important to know Christ than to have answers or problems solved, then all problems, worries and concerns are no longer an issue.  Both were saying the same thing, I think.  Christ is our anchor, why carry that heavy thing for yourself......who is able to anchor them self in the midst of a horrific storm!

Each day there will be something...usually MANY somethings which will challenge us to grab onto it's horns and go for a wild ride.  It is usually at this point that we scream out save me....."Someone...help me" and when no one come running we ...then....give a shout out to God.  We call on Him to "do" something for us instead of seeking Him to "get to know Him".  We must choose which we need more...

As for me, Paul says, I have learned to be content.....forgetting what is behind ....I have determined to know nothing but Christ and Him crucifed.  Whatever questions, problem, turmoil is goading you today, I am asking you to consider the place I found to lay my anchor down: the feet of Christ.

WE have to pick up our cross and carry it.....that's a bit uncomfortable isnt' it?  Thank God it is only metaphorically and not as His son had to do.  It is up to us to drag it if we must, but get it there and drop it into the hole, lay our dead weight right there allowing Him to raise us up in His new life. 

Our problems will never all go away - each one will shift.  So be focused on knowing God through Christ, speaking His truth and giving charge to the Lord of Armies, which has a force to be reckoned with.  They will resolve all these issues. 

In Jeremiah 29 verse 8 it states:  The Lord Almighty, the God of Israel says: Don't let the false prophets and mediums who are there among you fool you.  Don't listen to the dreams they invent, for they prophesy lies in my name.  I have not sent them, says the Lord!  The truth is......

What truth do you need today?  Get to know His words and find your answers.  But need Him more than the answers and everything will be properly weighted and you'll be able to hold your ground.  Paul said in 1 Corinthians:  He has helped you speak out for Him and has given you a full understanding of truth; what I told you Christ "could do" for you Has happened!  Did you catch that?  Paul stated I told you what Christ could do for you.  Do you know why he was so excited?  Because of their faith it DID happen!
 
I can truthfully say that the largest change He has made in this reconstruction of Candy Kaye Carter :) is that I really understand what Paul meant when he said, "I have determined to know nothing but Christ and Him crucified."  You see, this is how I have resolved so many perplexing issues, by putting all things in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have let go of all things.  I actually do count them but rubbish in order that I "could" gain Christ and be found in Him, anchored.  It isn't because I am righteous, it is because of my faith in His righteousness. 
 
Now I understand God's power, how He resurrected Christ so that we could have His fellowship as we suffer through things and exchange death for His life.  But God still has not finished building the complete me yet; so I keep striving each day to see more of Him....so that you will see less of the lesser me....and more of Him in me.
 
That is my prayer for us all - as always, I desire our Dad to have "the One" He desires.  Maybe together we are His soul mate....the one He has been dying to be with forever!
 
We - together can do all things through Christ who strengthens us, let us believe,
Kisses,
Candace
 

©Candace Huffmaster 2013, All Copy Rights Reserved
Kaleidoscope Butterfly, Inc® 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing you thoughts and opinions with us all.
The community of Kaleidoscope Butterfly,Inc.